Saturday, August 29, 2009

Big Brother

Turn on the computer, type in my password and everyday single day, the same friendly reminder pops up telling me that this computer sitting in front of me at my own cubicle in the office is for Company Use Only. I GET THE PICTURE!! The company has taken the liberty to "restrict" the viewing of any good websites anyway. Facebook gone, Gmail, not happening, gossip sites, yeah right and you can't get to the Twitter website to bitch and complain about your situation either. Why does big brother feel that they need to treat us like children and control everything around us. Yes, you own us for eight to nine hours of ours lives, five days a week but, if you ask me, that is taking it to the extreme. We are adults after all. It has been so long that I have been in a big corporate environment that I guess maybe I am just not up to date. But how is it that so many people update on Facebook all day long? I know that you have jobs in offices like mine. Get back to work and, by the way, we are really behind, can you work some over time?

2 comments:

dxeechick said...

super annoying! you know, back in the day i got fired from one of my jobs for using the computer for personal stuff. i always got my work done, but they did a "computer inventory" (that's really what they called it) and found things that were not work related and had to let me go. i guess they don't even give you the option!! i'm sorry, but its retarded. if you aren't slacking off, what difference does it make if you take 5 minutes here or there to read a facebook update?

abo-bder said...

تركيب كاميرات مراقبة بالرياض
تركيب كاميرات مراقبة بالرياض
فني تركيب ستلايت بالرياض